Monday, January 10, 2011

Painting Animals

The Competition
Team Work
Elephant Walk
Big Boy
Best Friend
When people ask me what I like to paint, I usually say whatever appeals to me on any given day.  That is especially true when it comes to painting animals.  The roosters are fun because of the colors,  the tiger appeals because it is endangered and so magnificent that there are no words.  The team of horses reminded me of the team that my dad owned and loved.  They were brown but this painting seemed best in a black and white color scheme like an old black and white photo.  Elephant Walk was done with acrylic paint as the outline and then watercolor on the shadows.  And, of course, the Best Friend.  My Tuesday morning watercolor class painted this dog and when we put the paintings up in a row, all of them were wonderful.  The dog had many expressions and all of the painters had success!  What a fabulous medium to work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment