Friday, January 28, 2011

Other Places

Cotswold Cottage
Rue Cler Fluers
Edit HTML
Poujauran
Dinan
Arlington Row

All of these paintings were done from pictures that we've taken over the last ten years or so.  The albums full of images have given me hours of remembering and enjoyment.  My motivation for taking the pictures has partly been that some day I would paint these places.  Finally the skill has begun to catch up to the desire.  Arlington Row was started about five years ago but not finished until recently.  The town of Bibury is in England and these houses are much newer than the ones at the bottom of the hill which have been lived in since about 1200a.d.  The  history of these places is stunning and the Cotswolds area is a photographers dream come true. The gardens are beautiful and allow for a lot of artistic license in my paintings.

France has always been a favorite destination of mine and Paris pastry, flowers and architecture makes for some fun paintings.  The paintings take me a long time to do.  I took a picture of my progress about every two hours of painting time and found that twenty hours is about average for a completed work.  But what a great way to spend it!!

Sorry that the first image is sideways. My blogging skills still need some work.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue truck! What a wonderful set of paintings, Mom!

    Love you- Aaron and Darcy

    ReplyDelete