Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Travel

Our trip in June has given me some great photo images to use in new paintings. I've wanted to paint windmills for a long time.  Inspiration comes often from admiring the masters and looking at these amazing machines in paintings that are very old. Painting landscapes has been difficult for me so this was a chance to learn some new things.  These are large paintings but I tried to not paint in more detail than was really needed.  What a wonderful way to spend time in the studio.

But, of course, I can't get into summer without doing some images from the garden. Not to mention the zebras with so many stripes that it made my eyes tired.

The paintings of Santorini are so much fun to look at.  That BLUE !!! 

Contact me through River Gallery in Independence to purchase any of these works.




No comments:

Post a Comment