Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas! 

The amaryllis flowers that I grow each year in the house during December always bring us so much enjoyment. I like them because we get to see how theyt grow like crazy out of the bulb.  The ones this year in the kitchen have been so beautiful with many buds and then the big flowers.  Somehow they appeal to me more than any other flower at this time of the year.

This is not a photograph!  I just realized that someone could think that it was a photo.  It is the watercolor painting that I did of one amaryllis flower.  The photo was taken last year at Christmas.  This is a large square painting in a black frame to blend into the black background .  It is 30 X 30 inches with an additional 3 inches for the frame.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.
Marilyn
12/23/2012


No comments:

Post a Comment